To realise the edicts of the great saints of our land especially Sri Chandrasekhara Bharathi and Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Swamigals, an institution was started in their sacred names on 17th May 2003 at Coimbatore and was properly registered bearing Registration No: 440/2003).
The objectives of Sri Chandrasekhara Bharathi and Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Veda Vidalaya Trust (Sri CCVV Trust) are:
- To promote and propagate spiritual awareness and knowledge among general public like arranging spiritual discourses, Bhajans, Universal mass prayers etc.
- To train and educate students in the text of our hoary scriptures and in the conduct and performance of various rites and ceremonies in accordance with the rules specified in them.
- To train and educate students in our ancient lores by conducting classes and by undertaking religious tours.
- To provide scholarships and stipends to such students and award prizes to meritorious and successful students.
- To conduct seminars and meetings of scholars and honour them suitably.
- To help destitutes, orphans, assisting old age homes, helping for natural calamities at times of needs.
- To conduct social and cultural activities for human welfare and World Peace and Prosperity.
To fulfil the objectives of the trust and particularly to preserve, promote and propagate Krishna Yajur Veda, a Veda Patashala was started with the blessings of the great saints. Presently the following aspects of the Veda viz.. Samhita, Brahmana, Pada, Krama, Jata, Ghana, Lakshana, Shadangas & Prayogas are being taught to the disciples.
As per the following sloka which exhorts us to preserve the purity of word, sound, intonation, pronunciation, accent and sound combinations of the Vedas, strict adherence to the proper recital, particularly the exact intonation is always observed.
Jataa Maalaa Shikha rekha dhwajo dando Ratho ghanah
Ityashta vikrtayah proktah kramapoorvaa maharshibih
The students are admitted at the age of 8 to 10 after UPANAYANAM and are initially taught the Brahmana and Samhita (i.e. Moola Paata) portions of the scriptures using Grantha & Sanskrit Alphabets.
At present there are 17 students in the patashala.
5 students have already completed MOOLA PAATA.
13 Students have already completed KRAMA PAATA.
14 Students have already completed SALAKSHNA GHANA PAATA.
1 Student has already completed SHADANGA.
The students are examined by Veda Rakshna Nidhi Trust, Chennai. Students are also encouraged to appear for examinations conducted by other mutts/devasthanams like Kanchi, Sringeri, Tirupathi, etc.
Students who have successfully completed GHANA from our Vedic Institution are rendering their their services in various vedic institutions as Vedic Professors, some of them have started their own vedic instution. Most of them are participating in MOOLA, KRAMA, JATA, GHANA AND SHADANGA Parayanams, all over India and are duly honoured.
With the unbounden blessings and ever flowing grace of our two Brahma Gnanis namely Sri Chandresekara Bharathi of Sringeri Sharada peetam and Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam, our Veda Patashala is named after them, “Sri Chandresekara Bharathi Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Veda Vidyalaya Trust (Regd)”. It imparts Vedic studies to various students under the guidance and stewardship of BrahmaSri Jambunatha Ghanapatigal.